Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eastern Orissa Grand Forest Travel --> Kuldiha - - Panchalingeshwar - Satkosia - Bangriposi

Quote Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
    In case I do not stay there, do I still require papers just for entering the forest? Or is it a separate permit for allowing my car inside the jungle? As I plan to stay at Talcher for at least a couple of days, may not I pay a visit to Anugul one day in advance to collect these papers beforehand, whatever are they? Please pardon my ignorance and excuse me for asking these stupid questions.
    I plan to leave Calcutta on 22nd of December, as that is the day when the winter vacation starts with my daughter's school.

As far as I know, you do require papers. Please do call them for knowing the exact details, on that phone no.

Another thing that you can do, is take one of the pvt drivers on hire for a day and move around the jungle. Though this may be somewhat disappointing in that you could not drive yourself - you can avoid all the hassle of these things plus some places you do need a vehicle with bigger ground clearance. Also nowadays, after Satkosia has been declared as a Tiger Reserve, some interior places have become "core areas" and thus permission is not given for such routes.

Anyway please do call the Satkosia authorities for the fine details or if interested, can give you a driver's contact no. if you would like to go rent a vehicle for the Satkosia day trip.

It is always a pleasure seeing your posts, please do feel free for any queries.
    The Wanderers.in

Wanderer

Eastern Orissa Grand Forest Travel --> Kuldiha - - Panchalingeshwar - Satkosia - Bangriposi

Quote Originally Posted by adc View Post
    Another thing that you can do, is take one of the pvt drivers on hire for a day and move around the jungle. Though this may be somewhat disappointing in that you could not drive yourself - you can avoid all the hassle of these things plus some places you do need a vehicle with bigger ground clearance, please do call the Satkosia authorities for the fine details or if interested, can give you a driver's contact no. if you would like to go rent a vehicle for the Satkosia day trip, please do feel free for any queries.
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion, the sound of scraping the bottom of a lower ground clearance car is very much frustrating . Please rest assured, I do retain your number and shall call you up well in advance, before I reach this place. Beside, these local drivers should also be well informed about the permissions required.

Wanderer

Satkosia trip completed

Dear adc,
    Thanks to inspiration gained from you, went to Satkosia and really enjoyed every moment of it. The roads are good and it was a wonderful trip. Although I had visited many forests, a few even in Orissa, Satkosia with it's river gorge was unique. Here are some photos.
    Me and my daughter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	434.JPG 
Views:	745 
Size:	746.4 KB 
ID:	2627
    Reached the main entry gate at Satkosia.

Name:	298 (1).JPG 
Views:	397 
Size:	984.0 KB 
ID:	2634
    The tourist reception office at Satkosia.

Name:	299.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	567.5 KB 
ID:	2630
    Cows from the neighbouring villages blocking our way.

Name:	307.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	965.4 KB 
ID:	2624
    Sign boards and mile-stones directing us.

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	2628

Name:	312.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	2632

Name:	303.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	657.4 KB 
ID:	2626
    The narrow yet beautiful road. It was so nice that it seemed to be recently laid.

Name:	302.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	2631

Name:	304.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	449.2 KB 
ID:	2625

Name:	309.jpg